Our client required a web based Business Intelligence Application - BI Tool. Every company accumulates a large amount of data relating to their business operations. To keep track of the information generated by different departments in an organization, a business needs to use wide range of software programs, such as Excel, Access and various other database applications. Using discrete software programs makes it difficult to retrieve information and perform analysis of the data on time. This created the need for a single interface for fetching, analysing and presenting the data in a graphical format to make organization wide decisions.
Thus the client required a BI Tool which illustrates business intelligence in the areas of customer profiling, customer support, market research, market segmentation, product profitability, statistical analysis, and inventory and distribution analysis.
- Fetching details from the third party ERP which may be utilizing different databases in SQL Server and make it compatible with BI application.v
- Process, analyze and view the data in more meaningful way using different graphical representation like Pie chart, Bar chart, Gauge chart, Spread sheets etc.
- Facilitate real time updating of new version of application through web interface.
- Provide dictionary and language translation facility in 7 languages.
- Manage Email Templates and SMS services based on different alerts.
- Data mining
- Business performance management
- Benchmarks, text mining
- Predictive analytics
- Customized news display based on user type and role
- Conduct online test and display results for participants according to user type and role
- Display and manage the documents with multi language support.
- Perform project management activities such as development plan, task assignment, report generation etc.
- Develop business strategy based on goals, project status and other parameters.
- Runtime creation of RSS based on user preferences.
- Organize and manage events, event categories etc.
BI Tools helped decision makers to take swift decisions by analyzing company wise data in more meaningful way. It allowed customers to develop reports from multiple systems while managing permissions of data access based on user roles.
- Server Operating System: Microsoft Windows Server
- Web Server: IIS 6.0
- Programming Language: ASP.Net, C#
- Database: Microsoft SQL Server 2005, SQL Server analysis service
- Framework: Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5