Our client from USA is one of the leading used books reseller with warehouses located at Portland, Atlanta and Detroit. They needed online presence as well as back office management system. Key challenges for the project were:
- To create a unified web application and associated systems that would cover all business aspects including selling, order conflict, shipping and warehouse management.
- To simplify and automate the process of accepting orders, receiving payments and fulfilling orders.
- A system that can be expanded to meet new business requirements.
- To increase online book sales by 100% within 6 months of re-launch by selling books on Amazon, abebooks, ebay, half and many other sites.
Main features of the system are specified below:
- Inventory management system
- Content management System
- Category management of products
- Shopping cart
- Wish list feature in shopping cart
- Banner management
- Robust search capability.
- Back-end database management for movies, music, books and games.
- In-built classified system.
- Detailed purchase analysis.
- Library system
- Affiliate program
- The project resulted in a web application and back office system that serves the need of customers and administrators effectively.
- Overall sales of books increased by 150% in the first 3 months of the launch of portal
- Sales targets for the first year were exceeded and sales are growing at over 50% per year
- Full integration with payment gateway and fulfillment house, ensures orders are processed automatically and satisfactorily
- Tracks the Buyers history for future reference.
- Online shopping
- Robust and easy to use advance search facility
- Tracks the customer interest which helps to grow business.
- Allows full control on content through easy access input screens
- Management of banners and advertisements.
- Simple, flexible and fast.
- Server: Microsoft Windows Server
- Web Server: IIS
- Programming Language: Ecommerce application in asp.net, Vb.net
- Database: SQL Server 2005
- Development Tool: Visual Studio 2005, Microsoft Office, Photoshop
- Project Management Tool: Microsoft Visio 2003