In order to meet with QCF (Qualifications and Credit Framework) framework and new legalization, client wished to implement enhancements and extend functionality which Fills up the gaps in the traditional system. The enhancement should enable interactive platform where assessors and apprentices can communicate face to face as well as build e-portfolio displaying competence evidence, learning and achievement not only in the classroom but also in the work place.
"e-Assessor" has a wide range of goals and objectives out of which the prime considerations are listed below:
- Ability to access system anytime and anywhere irrespective of availability of internet
- Facility to assess apprentices' learning and work and audit assessors' work in order to manage quality
- Video conferencing facility for personal assistance and supervision
- Electronic signatures compliant with client's requirements
- Merging of legacy with latest technological advancements, that too without suffering user experience and application performance
- Learners should be reminded for review, assessor visit, and similar time critical activities
TatvaSoft developed a web application, mobile application and Windows RT enabled desktop application for assessor and learner, known as e-Assessor based on classic ASP and MicroSoft .Net platform having following core features:
- Dashboard: Quick view of learners' progress on each stage of the training cycle and quick access to reports with drill down facility to get detailed view of learnerï¿½s progress, actions and status
- Area to plan, record, evaluate and scan self-skills for continual professional development (CPD)
- Schedule sessions and facility to book available virtual conference room
- Virtual conference room where assessor and learners can join sessions and interact
- Feedback area which help assessor to know learner's view about session, course, etc.
- Record, track and monitor progress of learners associated to assessor
- Custom report builder
- Facility to manage course wise learning resources
- Dashboard: Quick view of learners' progress for quality assurance with drilldown facility to get detailed view of learner's progress, actions, status and QA reports
- Access to Assessors' profile, documents and CPD
- Set assessor's risk rating which helps to sample high risk rated assessors frequently
- Create Sampling plans for both interim and summative sampling
- Record interview on virtual conference room to interview learners and assessor remotely
- Sample evidence, leave feedback for assessors and standardized documentation
- Full audit trail of dialogue between assessor's and quality assurer's
- Cloud enables learners to take a copy of their e-portfolio when they have completed their learning
- E-signature facility to sign documents
- Skill Scanner and gap analyser
- Message Assessors, leave evidence to be reviewed, download course documents from their Assessor
- Timesheet to trace spent time over a course
Windows RT enabled and mobile applications facilitates assessors and learners to work online as well as offline anytime and anywhere with secure log in.
TatvaSoftï¿½s end-to-end services brought significant benefits to the client helping them in realizing their business goals and implementing newly identified features and functionality.
The application brought an innovative way to design an e-portfolio ï¿½ an evidence for QCF work based competencies, which can be accessed from anywhere, anytime and irrespective of internet accessibility. Video conferencing tools e-Assessor has reduced remarkable travelling cost and time, ability to plan and manage schedules more efficiently and effectively.
- Technology: Classic ASP, ASP.Net, C#, WPF, Windows Phone, Window Phone RT, iOS and Android
- Database: Microsoft SQL Server
- Tools: MS Chart