Client required to upgrade his existing icon editor to stay competitive with other icon editor products. He also required below mentioned features:
- Support for XP style icons.
- Tools and functionalities to load, edit and save .ico files.
- Easy to use yet feature rich for both a professional graphic designer and novice user
- Features like window for the tools, color palette, icon list (for navigation, preview, and summary of all sizes and depths for the icon), info window, and layer window
- Should Support icons of all the format size which includes 16x16, 24x24, 32x32, 48x48, 64x64, 128x128 and all custom size pixels and Color Depth includes 1 bit (Monochromatic), 4 bit, 8 bit (256 color), 24 bit (True Color),and 32-bit images (also known as Windows XP Icons with alpha channel)
After analyzing client requirement, we created IconEdit custom desktop application with below mentioned functionalities:
- Helps to create, load, save, and edit icons format files as well as project files
- Supports saving image as bitmap (bmp)
- Includes a variety of drawing tools like pen, brush etc. with customized thickness
- Enables creating and editing multiple icons in a single icon file
- Contains image filters and effects like smooth, blur, noise, drop shadow, outer glow, and inner level
- Support for layers that enable user to work on separate layers to create rich icons
- Allows to scale an image from one size to another
- Actions toolbar supports moving, flipping, zooming, rotating of layer and windows visibility
- Information Window which displays pixel coordinates and color, Notifies if the pixel is transparent or colored, information about Width & height of the current selected area etc.
- Over 20 different drawing tools like selection tools, pencil, brush, gradient, blur, text, color box etc.
- Support for XP style icons
To know more about this software product, visit PC Magazine site.
- Operating System: Microsoft Windows
- Programming Language: Visual C++
- Development Tool: Visual Studio 2003
- Project Management Tool: MS Visio 2003