A well-known online travel booking company from Italy wanted to replace their old travel website with a new one having latest functionalities. The company also aimed at achieving higher revenue per sale and increase customer retention, while addressing new sponsors, syndicates, and third-party retail channels for more revenue generation.
- Provide an efficient eye catching and easy to use booking management system
- Site visitors to have full flexibility in the dynamic packaging of a wide range of holiday breaks
- Provide significant benefits linked to booking automation process
- Offer linked online booking for all products
- Support easy interaction with affiliate websites
- Integration of broad range of travel products offered by airlines and car rental companies
Hotel information, hotel services, room information, room availability data, standard prices are added by the supplier using feature rich admin panel. Travelers can book hotels from different providers during their travel.
On successful completion of booking, voucher is generated and mailed to the customer as well as service or product provider. Site operates as a travel agent whereby the user pays for a hotel booking along with the booking fees charged by site.
- Interactive way to choose regions and cities (Google Maps Integration)
- Choice of dynamic itinerary creation
- Single page access to all information
- Split test pages for marketing initiative
- Combination of mode rewrite and language system to generate virtual urls with different content for split tests
- Integration of XML data from hotel suppliers
- Creation of regional booking site
- AJAX based pop-ups to access hotel information, photo galleries, search results and filtering
- Implementation of simpleXML to parse and store XML data into existing hotel system
- Server: Linux
- Web Server: Apache 2
- Programming Language: PHP 5
- Database: MySQL 5
- Project Management Tool: dotProject
- Development Tool: Zend Studio Eclipse