Portfolio in Oil & Gas
This application was created for London, UK Based customer working in down stream oil field. Client wanted us to develop Desktop Application to facilitate users to enter the specifications about an oil well and plot different types of chart accommodating different types of data files. User can calculate various data for the particular well at each foot up to well depth with maximum limit of 40,000 feet. Client wanted a tool which can help calculating risk factors of Gas flow,temperature, pressure, viscosity etc. at every feet of an oil well.
Major challenge we faced in this application was, in some cases data has to be loaded for every depth (as a .CSV file or XML), while in other cases the user may only enter data for a few discreet points and the software will need to extrapolate data between these points to calculate the exact value on a point by point basis.
Other key challenges of the project were:
- Charting and plotting graphs depending upon user input
- Loading various types of data from different file types.
- Manage projects for each well separately
- Implementation of complex mathematical calculations
- Unit Handling for distance, pressure etc.
Core features of Well Dynamics desktop application
- Add new project page
- Open existing project:
- Well data
- Temperature data
- Pressure data
- MD Vs TVD data
- Casing data
- Completion data
- Tubing component data
- Accessory component data
- Crossover component data
- Gap component data
- Reservoir layer data
- Raw data
- Load DTS files
- Load flow data files
- Load log data files
- Load PDG data files
- DTS processing
- Depth correction page
- Normalization page
- Temperature plot
- Pressure plot
- Flow plot
- Data calculation
- DTS QA/QC
- From a standalone desktop application, Well Dynamics Tool has evolved into a robust utility for the oil and gas industry.
- User can analysis particular well of oil or gas by providing some required data and make various calculation base on it.
- It makes difficult and manually near to impossible calculation for the well very easy.
- The result of developed system can be viewed from the screen shots given below
- Server: Microsoft Windows Server
- Web Server: IIS 6.0
- Programming Language: VB.Net
- Framework: Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0
- Database: Microsoft SQL Server 2005
- Project Management Tool: Ms Visio 2003