Efficient CMS development is an integral part of any business as it helps to easily maintain and update website content on a frequent basis. When you are choosing a CMS, make sure you choose a SEO friendly CMS as it helps your website being ranked hire in search engines and hence your business gets a global exposure and you get a chance to increase your business revenues. Whether you choose open source CMS or enterprise based CMS does not matter but it should be a SEO friendly CMS and totally as per your business requirements.
Some points to be considered when you are looking for a search engine friendly CMS:
- Try to have a CMS that is customized as per your business requirements
- Your CMS should be able to store content and meta tags separately so that you can change your tags whenever required
- Your content management system should support RSS feeds
- It should be flexible and should simplify process of storing content and keywords
- Your SEO friendly CMS should have more ratio of text than code as search engines read text only
- Well structured CMS so that search engines can easily crawl and read the content
- Well written URL names to increase chances to get higher page ranks in search engines
- CMS should have the capability to integrate with your ecommerce solutions
- Should be able to easily generate sitemap in different formats like HTML, XML etc. whenever required
- Finally a content management system should be non technical and even a person with little technical knowledge should be easily able to manage entire website content
I would personally recommend to try any of the following search engine friendly CMS, as for me the below listed Content Management System has almost all the required features of a true SEO CMS.
- Joomla: Joomla is a widely used open source CMS, it is both SEO friendly as well as user friendly and aides to build flexible Content management system as per custom requirements. Joomla is mainly divided into three parts, modules, Plugins and components.
- Drupal: Drupal is a well structured CMS and helps in easy management of content for the web. It is highly customizable and totally a SEO friendly CMS.
- Mambo: Mambo CMS is gaining popularity and is a new age CMS that stores content separately from meta tags and helps in rapid creation of new pages as per requirements
Typo3: Typo3 CMS is hundred percent SEO friendly CMS that is mostly used in integration with other applications like phpBB, VirtueMart and Joomla.