Client is based in UK and is one of the technology innovators in the area of Education Information Technology. In order to meet with QCF (Qualifications and Credit Framework) framework and new legalization, client wished to implement enhancements and extend functionality which Fills up the gaps in the traditional system. The enhancement should enable an interactive platform where assessors and apprentices can communicate face to face as well as build e-portfolio displaying competence evidence, learning and achievement not only in the classroom but also in the workplace.
"e-Assessor" has a wide range of goals and objectives out of which the prime considerations are listed below:
- Ability to access system anytime and anywhere even in absence of an internet connection.
- Facility to assess apprentices' learning and audit assessors' work in order to manage quality.
- Video conferencing facility for realising personal assistance and supervision.
- Electronic signatures compliant with client's requirements.
- Merging of legacy with latest technological advancements, that too without suffering user experience and application performance.
- Learners will be reminded of review, assessor visit, and similar time critical activities.
TatvaSoft developed a web application, mobile application and Windows RT enabled desktop application for assessor and learner, known as e-Assessor based on ASP and Microsoft .Net platform having following core features:
- Dashboard: Quick view of learners' progress on each stage of the training cycle and quick access to reports with drill down the facility to get the detailed view of learner's progress, actions and status
- Area to plan, record, evaluate and scan self-skills for continual professional development (CPD)
- Schedule sessions and facility to book available the virtual conference room
- Virtual conference room where assessor and learners can join sessions and interact
- Feedback area which helps assessor to know learner's view of the session, course, etc.
- Record, track and monitor the progress of learners associated to the assessor
- Custom report builder
- Facility to manage course wise learning resources
- Dashboard: Quick view of learners' progress for quality assurance with drilldown facility to get the detailed view of learner's progress, actions, status and QA reports Access to Assessors' profile, documents and CPD
- Set assessor's risk rating which helps to sample high risk rated assessors frequently
- Create Sampling plans for both interim and summative sampling
- Record interview on virtual conference room to interview learners and assessor remotely
- Sample evidence, leave feedback for assessors and standardized documentation
- Full audit trail of dialogue between assessor and quality assurer
- Cloud enables learners to take a copy of their e-portfolio when they have completed their learning
- E-signature facility to sign documents
- Skill Scanner and gap analyzer
- Message Assessors leave evidence to be reviewed, download course documents from their Assessor
- Timesheet to trace spent time over a course
Windows RT-enabled and mobile applications facilitate assessors and learners to work online as well as offline anytime and anywhere with secure login.
TatvaSoft's end-to-end services brought significant benefits to the client helping them in realizing their business goals and implementing newly identified features and functionality. The application brought an innovative way to design an e-portfolio is an evidence for QCF work-based competencies, which can be accessed from anywhere, anytime and irrespective of internet accessibility. Video conferencing tools e-Assessor has reduced remarkable travelling cost and time, ability to plan and manage schedules more efficiently and effectively.
- Technology : Microsoft ASP.Net, C#, WPF, Windows Phone, Windows RT, iOS and Android
- Database : Microsoft SQL Server
- Server : Windows
- Tools : MS Chart