Client is based in UK and is currently one of the active global provider of cost-effective wireless automatic meter reading (AMR/AMI) systems to water, electricity and gas utilities as well as sub-metering users.
The client supplies a comprehensive range of water meters. So to operate those physical devices (water meter), the client approached TatvaSoft with an idea to develop a smart route portal for metering and maintenance of installed devices.
Client's existing system is used to monitor an entire network of connected DC (Data collector) with a respective water meter to generate analytical reports and billing information on a regular interval with all the manual task for updating every detail. Client approached TatvaSoft with an idea of launching a portal that can provide an automated system to notify its user for installation and monitoring of meters.
Prior to the development of "Utility Portal", the business had following prime challenges and objectives:
- To implement the functionality in the proposed solution for auto-updating of the update status according to the collected data of DC and Endpoint installation.
- To implement the feature which can replace the client's existing manual processes i.e. any fault in site/region/EP/DC is been notified via call, so it takes so many manual process to fix the fault.
- To manage all the analytical reports and bill which were generated manually and notified to the respective consumer via paper
- To implement the feature in the solution which replaces the manual User management process.
TatvaSoft developed a cloud based software solution "Utility Portal" which is easily accessible from computers and offers user-friendly features that promote the purchase of this software product. Following are some of the details of features of the proposed solution:
- Manage the Customer Management and its portal/data plan subscription management
- Data plan management: Manage new data plans based on MB/year and also manage the allocation of the Data Collector to the customers
- Portal Configuration: It supports configuration functionality like VPN Configuration, Network Parameters, Other Setting, Country and currency Management etc.
- Monitor and maintain parameters for the battery management for both meters and DC
- Manage different consumers with related Account Management
- Endpoint management includes set billing dates, assign tariff, billing frequency, assign consumer and register and site location. Also, feature for raising queries with client related to the audit of a fund.
- It also facilitates other functionalities like Site management, DC Management, District Meter Management, Scheduler Management, Connection Map, Installer management, Technician Management Tariff Management for office, home, etc.
- Installation Management functionality based on different country, currency and time zone.
- Analytics Feature: To manage the generation of various type of reports like Network Water Loss Report based on selected period, alert and free report, network/ abnormal/ aggregate consumption reports, etc.
- It facilitates the customer for setup installation and commissioning to collect data from the meter to DC to portal.
- The feature by which the consumer can view details like status of daily consumption, estimated bill, last bill, bill analytics and usage analysis, etc.
- Functionality allows to upload and download Endpoint and DC file to manually configure the device.
Client gained immense benefits from TatvaSoft's end-to-end services that accelerated client's business and offered the cost-savings approach. TatvaSoft successfully developed a utility portal to measure regular meter reading for the purpose of billing and analytics. This portal is also used for network installation and maintenance as a result providing ease to the client managing the business.
- Architecture : n-tier
- Tools & Technologies : Java, Spring, Hibernate, Apache Maven, liquibase, Apache velocity, AngularJS, SweetAlert, Bootstrap, HTML5, CSS3
- Database : MySQL
- Server : Apache Tomcat