Client is based in UK and is a market leader in education domain for providing e-learning solutions. They collaborate with different universities for providing to adopt the e-learning solution in their academic patterns. The client wanted to provide a regional based e-Learning solution to increase the efficiency of students and to provide enhance and improvise in the education domain.
Key challenges behind developing this portal were:
- Platform must be rigorous, secure, and fast and cope with minimum 250,000 users
- Provide a platform to give teachers upload additional resources
- Secure login to teachers, students for viewing their diaries and daily activities
- Message notification system to improve communication between users
- Friendly to the environment-reduced use of paper
- Digital media is more acceptable to students, teachers to keep their knowledge up to date
- Single set of code but able to manage different organization through different databases
- SaaS based product so that client can add new schools from backend and can also provide them with the different template.
Tools & Technologies:
Amazon S3, BigBlueButton, MogileFS, ClamAV
TatvaSoft developed a SaaS application "Learning Management System" which is easily accessible from computers.
It offers following features which include:
- Integration of Moodle with core PHP so that the courses module of Moodle can easily be accessed via client's website
- With single setup, Admin can have multiple copies installed for different organization.
- User can navigate between Moodle & CLMS easily through SimpleSAML authentication.
- Messaging feature where teacher and parent can do one-to one conversations and teacher and students can indulge in one to many conversations.
- Community between teachers & parents as well as for teachers to discuss on any particular topic.
- Courses Module developed in Moodle that will allow the teacher, school admin to manage various functionalities such as Grades, Course Completion Tracking, Reports of the activities for any particular teacher.
- There is library developed in WordPress for the students & teachers to help to improve their knowledge.
- Users can also add different contact in the contacts sections and also search for the users of their organization.
- User statistics report to help admin know about the traffics of the user in the system as well monitor various activities of the users.
- A content management system displaying information, help guides, resources, personal note section for recording miscellaneous information.
- File Sharing functionality for the users to share among the different users such as the only authorized users can access these files.
- Administrative feature includes School account management, user account/groups management, website layout management, adding advertising objects to advertising list, managing school information, CMS management, Global settings.
- Online real-time presentation facility with whiteboard.
Client gained immense benefits from TatvaSoft's end-to-end services that accelerated client's business and created cost-savings. Initially, client launched the website for its personal use but seeing the importance of the solution client decided to develop the website as a SaaS-based product. TatvaSoft successfully developed a richly formatted dictionary for the students & teachers. The client was approached by the various organizations because of this website and also was able to grow its network around the various parts of the world.
Related Case Studies
Art & Craft App
A creative app designed for small children for enhancing their artistic skills in drawing and colouring.
A web application as well as mobile application and Windows RT-enabled desktop application for assessor and learner, known as...
A web application which is designed to help students to plan their education and careers taking data from various educational...