Client is based in UK and is a market leader in education domain for providing e-learning solutions. They collaborate with different universities for providing to adopt the e-learning solution in their academic patterns. The client wanted to provide a regional based e-Learning solution to increase the efficiency of students and to provide enhance and improvise in the education domain.
Key challenges behind developing this portal were:
- Platform must be rigorous, secure, and fast and cope with minimum 250,000 users
- Provide a platform to give teachers upload additional resources
- Secure login to teachers, students for viewing their diaries and daily activities
- Message notification system to improve communication between users
- Friendly to the environment-reduced use of paper
- Digital media is more acceptable to students, teachers to keep their knowledge up to date
- Single set of code but able to manage different organization through different databases
- SaaS based product so that client can add new schools from backend and can also provide them with the different template.
Third Party:Amazon S3, BigBlueButton, MogileFS, ClamAV
TatvaSoft developed a SaaS application "Learning Management System" which is easily accessible from computers.
It offers following features which include:
- Integration of Moodle with core PHP so that the courses module of Moodle can easily be accessed via client's website
- With single setup, Admin can have multiple copies installed for different organization.
- User can navigate between Moodle & CLMS easily through SimpleSAML authentication.
- Messaging feature where teacher and parent can do one-to one conversations and teacher and students can indulge in one to many conversations.
- Community between teachers & parents as well as for teachers to discuss on any particular topic.
- Courses Module developed in Moodle that will allow the teacher, school admin to manage various functionalities such as Grades, Course Completion Tracking, Reports of the activities for any particular teacher.
- There is library developed in WordPress for the students & teachers to help to improve their knowledge.
- Users can also add different contact in the contacts sections and also search for the users of their organization.
- User statistics report to help admin know about the traffics of the user in the system as well monitor various activities of the users.
- A content management system displaying information, help guides, resources, personal note section for recording miscellaneous information.
- File Sharing functionality for the users to share among the different users such as the only authorized users can access these files.
- Administrative feature includes School account management, user account/groups management, website layout management, adding advertising objects to advertising list, managing school information, CMS management, Global settings.
- Online real-time presentation facility with whiteboard.
Client gained immense benefits from TatvaSoft's end-to-end services that accelerated client's business and created cost-savings. Initially, client launched the website for its personal use but seeing the importance of the solution client decided to develop the website as a SaaS-based product. TatvaSoft successfully developed a richly formatted dictionary for the students & teachers. The client was approached by the various organizations because of this website and also was able to grow its network around the various parts of the world.