The client is based in Denmark, Europe and has a leading consulting services and business intelligence management tools market. To keep track of the information generated by different departments in an organization, a business needs to use a wide range of software programs, such as Excel, Access and various other database applications. Using discrete software programs makes it difficult to retrieve information and perform analysis of the data on time. This created the need for a single interface for fetching, analyzing and presenting the data in a graphical format to make organization-wide decisions. Thus the client required a BI Tool which illustrates business intelligence in the areas of customer profiling, customer support, market research, market segmentation, product profitability, statistical analysis, and inventory and distribution analysis.
Key challenges of the project were:
- Fetching details from the third party ERP which may be utilizing different databases in SQL Server and make it compatible with BI application
- The process, analyze and view the data in the more meaningful way using different graphical representation like Pie chart, Bar chart, Gauge chart, Spreadsheets etc.
- Facilitate real-time updating of a new version of application through the web interface
- Provide dictionary and language translation facility in 7 languages
- Manage Email Templates and SMS services based on different alerts
Microsoft SQL Server, SQL Server analysis service
SSAS (SQL Server Analysis Service), SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Service)
Third Party Tools :
Dundas Charts, Dundas OLAP Tool, Telerik Controls, Danish SMS Gateway
- Tools & Technology:
TatvaSoft provided a comprehensive solution that accepts a wide range of market data, technical parameters, and financial and service planning inputs to tailor it to deliver real-time statistics that can be harnessed to align business functions to strategic objectives and attain realistic, profit-oriented decisions with following features:
- Dynamic DB integration: User can select any database, view its columns in the desired order as well as apply filters on the results returned from the database
- OLAP Feature: Optimized and trusted third party solution is integrated to achieve business intelligence factor in the application
- Reports: SSAS & SSRS are used to generate customized reports that fulfil concepts of sheer data mining, relational reporting, financial reporting, business reporting and can be extensively used for budgeting, analyzing statistics and forecasting
- Time Registration Module: Scheduler and Manager of tasks to keep a check on the business activities by recording time entries of the personnel involved in the business
- Questionnaire: User can create a questionnaire of his own by adding questions with answers having multiple choice options or descriptive answers
- Multilanguage Support: User can select any language of his choice, and the application on its own, translates and displays all pages in the language
- Digital Asset Management Module: A separate module to upload, view, share online catalogues, articles, etc.
- Document management: User can upload a new document, make changes in it as and when needed and download it. All documents remain secure on the application server.
- License Management: A separate application is used by the administrator to generate license and the Business Analysis Tool takes care of the license privileges and expiration. This ensures that your source code assets and other sensitive information remain safe and sound.
- Extras: Funnel Management (extensive and deep search module), Event Management (built-in calendar), Picture Gallery, RSS Feeds
- Role and User Management, Dynamic Menus
- Multi-theme feature to give application desired look and feel
- Rich visual representation of filtered data in a presentable manner by using efficient third-party charting tool powered by enriched graphics.
- Business strategy planner for managing schedules and tasks that help to keep an eye on what actually goes on in your business.
The client was able to streamline the entire process of analyzing, identifying real-time statistics and obtain strategic results. Client drew many benefits with its association with TatvaSoft that include seamless integration with the accounting system, creating time savings, fact-based planning and scheduling that managed sale and quotes and easy availability of reliable and accurate information that helped in making effective business decisions.
Related Case Studies
Corporate Intranet CRM
The Corporate Intranet Portal based on Salesforce which helps the organization with the lead details who is interested in the foreign...
Corporate Message Processing
Corporate message processing is used to process online ISO15022 message format MT564 or MT568 by converting into SWIFT XML using SWIFT...
An enterprise selling solution named CPQ (Configure Price Quote) integrated with Salesforce CRM. This solution simplified the time...