Client is one of the leading providers of automated payment solutions. It has a large customer base and has a solid track record of providing business solutions to a number of the customer across various industries. The client has an extensive portfolio of providing a custom-built automated system that helps to minimize time and cost while maintaining a dedication to quality.
To provide simplified and better service to citizens is one of the primary aims of e-governance. Keeping the same objective in mind, the client wished to develop a Traffic Kiosk application for the Superior Court of California.
The prime considerations were:
- Automate payment process and alleviating long lines at the payment Traffic Counters
- Devising a system that synchronizes and integrate successfully with hardware such as cash or bill acceptors, dispensers, credit card reader etc.
- Support to touch-based user interface screens with clear instruction and easy transaction
- Facilitates audio response on every touch-based user action
- Ensuring multi-language compatibility
- Ensuring privacy and security of sensitive information
- Ideal execution of all possible payment modes
- Ensuring 24x7 hours service and convenience
Database:Microsoft SQL Server
Technology:Microsoft .NET Framework, C#, WPF, WCF
External Tools or Components:MSupport libraries for hardware integration
TatvaSoft developed a desktop application, to avoid the long queues and payment time consumed at the counter which was extremely efficient with following core features :
- Quick and efficient search functionality enables the user to search and locate for the respective case
- Facilitates user with the case details with options for requesting and/or get information on appearance date extension, payment extension, traffic school sign up process, payment plan and court appearance
- Providing the user to sign up for the Traffic School eligibility and allowing to pay in full
- Access to certificate submitted by Traffic School
- Provision to have an option for payment that includes full payment or pay as per the payment plan
- Facilitates payment through available options including Credit Card, Cash, Cheque and Money Order as per payment plan
- Request for payment extension
- Enabling user to request a court appearance schedule along with an optional provision of an interpreter
- Details on court appearance schedule
- Request for cancelling court appearance as well as an extension of the appearance date
The machine-based intelligence nullifies the need for human presence during a payment transaction. It ensures working round the clock. Secure and efficient transaction won the trust of the user and encourages self-service.