In the present scenario, large enterprise organizations demand a very intrinsic and complex type of cost modelling and financial management system; this is not met by their existing ITFM solutions.
The customer was looking for a solution that will help service-based organizations in budgeting, forecasting and managing accounting data and also fulfil below objectives:
- A solution for calculating the service based costing and budgeting from Invoices, General Ledger and ELA and forecast future costing model for the services.
- Decision makers can analyse current costing of service and based on that make the future decision for the services
- A solution that can dynamically change the calculation and set business rules.
- To provide updates on different service drivers and recalibration through budget cost reporting.
Microsoft SharePoint, C#
Microsoft SQL Server
Microsoft Office SharePoint Server
With our Microsoft SharePoint Development expertise, we designed and developed a solution named "Financial Information System" offering the following features which address the objectives and overcome the limitation of the existing ITFM solution.
- Configuration data management and management of service details like domains, locations, services, service components, service activities, cost components, data centre and vendor supplier.
- Services: Allow authorized users to manage services; define effective usable capacity which is used in the cost calculation.
- Activity Management: Manage different activity of services that is helpful to calculate people cost.
- Asset management: Manage asset data with raw information and cost calculation.
- Invoice Management: Allows authorized the user to upload and manage invoices of the organization. The system validates the file and uploads it to the server after successful validation. This module allows viewing and changing the total amount of invoice that could effect on the account.
- General Ledger: Authorized user can upload different general ledger for accounting purpose.
- Enterprise Level Agreement (ELA): Authorized user can upload ELA that is used to manage the cost related to software drivers.
- Cost Mapping and Calculation: Map the invoice with the service, service components, and assets. The system calculates total cost based on mapping of invoice items with services, service component, and asset with the capacity.
- Recalibration: Recalibration process is executed based on the current values of the services and the actual GL details uploaded by the user. The system takes the value of the current period and finds the variance and distributes it in the invoice items. So the cost gets reflected and cost is set according to GL.
- Service Budget Report: Final budget cost reports for the drivers for different service after recalibration for different months.
TatvaSoft succeeded in delivering a user-friendly and secured application that helped the client in better management of financial documents, baseline service cost and generate service budget. In addition, the system facilitates easy mapping of account statement with service cost that resulted in the improved decision-making process.
Related Case Studies
BI Tool application is a Business Intelligence tool which helps to gather, store, access and analyze corporate data to aid in...
Corporate Intranet CRM
The Corporate Intranet Portal based on Salesforce which helps the organization with the lead details who is interested in the foreign...
Corporate Message Processing
Corporate message processing is used to process online ISO15022 message format MT564 or MT568 by converting into SWIFT XML using SWIFT...