The client is an upcoming, "Corporate Trustee" from Ghana, Africa licensed by the National Pension Regulatory Authority (NPRA) of Ghana which serves its customers in Insurance industry. As a licensed corporate trustee, it manages pension scheme registration, appoints fund managers and custodian to ensure regulatory compliance as well as manage investments on behalf of the customer. In addition to pension investment, it also provides consultancy and training on pension-retirement planning and investment.
Key challenges of the project were:
- The system should satisfy the regulatory norms and standards.
- The application should automate, simplified and streamlined pension processes.
- The system should enable bio-metric identification of pensioner and beneficiaries.
- Integration with Sage accounting system.
- Migrate the legacy data which are in the form of paper files and/or Excel files into new solution with auto calculating any penalty, due, interest and arrears.
Technology:Microsoft ASP.Net, C#
Reporting Tools:Crystal Reports
Database:Microsoft SQL Server
TatvaSoft delivered a web application called "Pension Management System" helping the client to convert its challenges into outstanding business benefits covering the following features:
- Employer Registration: New Registration, Employee Beneficiaries, Updated Employee details, Investment Fund details, View/Print Certificate or Registration Form, View/Print Benefit Estimate, Employee Risk Profile etc.
- Employer Update Monthly Contribution: Employer logs onto web portal and Uploads Monthly Contribution Details on all Employees. After validation, Employer can enter details of payments made to the Custodian Bank
- Member Account Details: Updates and maintains Member Account Details as per the Contributions received from Employer. System continuously updates each Member's Statement as Custodians update the Investment Fund at the end of every month
- Move members into another Scheme or Trustee: Move a Member into a Preserved Account - Employee Terminates with Employer or Dies and is moved in a Preserved Account. Create a Charge/Pledge/Lien/Judgment Debt - An Employee can apply online by logging on to the Employer Portal to create a Charge/Pledge/Lien/Judgment Debt against Accrued Benefits.
- Custodian Banks Updates: Custodians: Update Employers Payment details and Members Payment Accounts, Transfer Money to Fund Managers, Updates Investment Fund Details. System: Calculates Net Asset Value of Total Fund, Updates Members Fund Balances, Begins to Accrue Penalty on Outstanding Amount
- Generate Ledger Financial Statement: Generates Accounting Transactions which are exported to client's Sage General Ledger system
- Benefits: Verification of Member, Retirement Age Alert, Manage Employer, Employee, Fund Manager, Master Custodian, and Public Enquiries and Complaints (CRM Module)
- Reports: Generate various reports- Employer Annual Statement, Member Annual Statement, Members Due to Retire By Certain Date, Amount Due to Pay Benefits, Custodian Statements, Benefits paid by Period.
- Admin setup process: Manage (View/Edit)- Business Activity, Employee Type, OPS Type, PFS Type, GPPFS Type, Nationality, Investment Fund Type, Asset Class Type, Custodian Banks, Fund Manager, Contribution Payment Type, Accounting Codes etc.
Pension management system helped the client to get NPRA's license for Corporate Trustee and manage pension process and contributions for various funds in Ghana effectively.