The client provides end to end IT solutions - Hardware, Software and Networking - to Retail, Security and Hospitality industry. They offer services such as software development, system acquisition, installations, integration and maintenance to 400 reputed customers countrywide.
Key challenges of the project were:
- A POS system which is available offline as well as online
- Ability to support multiple branches and chaining concept
- POS system also requires integration of sales, inventory, purchase, accounting and bookkeeping functions into one application
- Live transaction monitoring of different tills from Head Office
Microsoft Windows Server
Microsoft SQL Server and MSSQL
Microsoft .Net Framework
TatvaSoft developed ASP.NET and VB.NET based Supermarket POS system that is highly effective in managing the retail checkouts with following core functionalities:
- Facility to synchronize data from multiple branches with head office either online using the internet or offline using flash disk, CD or any other media
- Customer loyalty module involving gift voucher and promotional plan facilities
- Currency management with exchange rate change effects with one base currency
- Multi-company and Multi Till option controlled by the licensing system
- Multi branches and Multi location support
- Facility to transfer and manage items between all branches
- Online authorization options for Purchase Order, Goods Received Note, Purchase Invoices, Price Change, Price List, Credit Customer etc.
- Online Credit Card verification and payment acceptance to be done
- Facility to manage multiple price change, short expiry price change and item selling price change
- Full fledge accounting module with Forex gain/loss calculation and report generation
- Compliant with Wi-Fi enabled data collectors like PDA for physical stock management
- Mailbox for every user with popup facility when there is any authorization request
- Stock valuation on basis of FIFO, Last Cost, and Last Price & Average Cost
- Barcode and Shelf label printing
- Orders or quotes can be directly sent to supplier or customer via email or can be printed
- Standalone as well as clubbed reports generation of all branches.
- Reporting facility with an option to print, email and export to Word, Excel and PDF
Supermarket POS system helped retailers in attaining operational efficiency and profitability as well as provide a better picture of product lifecycles, customer buying patterns, seasonal trends, and much more. The client realized the following benefits by using this system:
- Simple: POS functions laid out in an easily understandable manner
- Efficient: Know exactly your inventory level and re-order right quantity at the right time
- Convenient: Enabled tracking of sales and inventory data of all branches from the central location
- Customizable: Option to add custom defined fields and user-defined captions to be used for printing formats
- Flexible: Facility to migrate data from offline database to online database and vice versa
Related Case Studies
An e-commerce site to sell beads and accessories with intentions to expand the business into the global arena for an Australia based...
Bill of Material Generator
The Material Management system is used to record specification of curtains and supporting accessories for individual hospital rooms,...
Competitive Intelligence Tool
The solution is designed in such a way that it provides the user-friendly interface to the authorized user. The main objective of the...