Having a business strategy in mind, client wanted to develop a mobile app for jewellery shop. Client had a desktop application for Jewellery management and wanted to build mobile application for managing stock of articles at different shop level and sync it with main system.
“Inventory Management App” has a wide range of goal and objectives out of which the prime considerations are listed below:
- Provide intuitive and easy to use interface to their customers
- Turn smartphones or tablets into fully functional inventory scanner.
- Digital inventory management
- Develop mobile application which can easily be bridge between customer and his/her inventory
- Browse existing inventory software through mobile application
- Offline support for this mobile application
Operating System:Android and iOS
Database:MSSQL server and , SQLite
Tools & Technology:Ionic 3 framework
Device Support:Almost all Android devices, iPhone 4 & above
Cordova plugins that we have used:phonegap-plugin-barcodescanner, cordova-plugin-uniquedeviceid, cordova-plugin-globalization (multilingual), cordova-sqlite-storage (device internal storage), cordova-plugin-network-information ( check n/w)
TatvaSoft developed a mobile application “Inventory Management App” for the above purpose. It offered following features which include:
- Device registration is mandatory to access this Inventory Management application.
- To use this Inventory Management Application store owner should have paid license issued from client. This application has provision to authenticate user.
- Application provides secure Master setting functionality through which store owner can enroll into application by using Client’s provided store specific web service URL. Each store owner will have unique web service URL for their store.
- This Master setting is one time process from where system will fetch device ID and authenticates user. We have followed some security standard that system doesn’t allow store owner to log in another device apart from which he/she has configured master settings before.
- Application provides provision to fetch data from client’s software and can store it in device’s local database. So that user can browse their inventory when there is no internet connection
- Scan the jewellery and watch labels with the camera of the mobile device. All collected data automatically flows into the jeweller management software of the client.
- Ability to manually edit quantity of scanned product.
- Application is having richly populating entire inventory list fetched from client’s software, which allows store owner to monitor and manage whole inventory list from one online platform.
- Inventory listing view and Grid view both option make user experience more intuitive and smooth.
- Each inventory product has standalone detail page present in mobile application
- Store owner can edit or delete products from inventory.
- All above mentioned functionality can be performed in offline or online manner. In case of offline all data will get saved in device’s local storage and as soon as device connects with internet all data will sync with client’s software.
- Application supports English and German languages.
Key Features of Project Management:
- Unarguable mastery in serving the Education Industry.
- Focus on core competencies.
- Access to best technological talent
- Reduced Total Cost of Operation (TCO).
With help of client offered product range, jewellery store owner can equip his/her business in a comfortable and perfectly coordinated manner - saving time and with a clear overview. As part of continuous innovation, client willing to make available mobile application for jewellery shop executives to manage article level inventories in a very effective without carrying out manual activities and it directly impacted and increased overall work productivity of shop executives.